Saturday, July 27, 2013

'O' For Ocean

                        

                                                                  Ocean


The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. -Jacques Cousteau
Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away. -Sarah Kay






Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  Mark Twain. His words are so true.


“Doesn’t it seem to you,” asked Madame Bovary, “that the mind moves more freely in the presence of that boundless expanse, that the sight of it elevates the soul and gives rise to thoughts of the infinite and the ideal?” -Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary







When anxious, uneasy and bad thoughts come, I go to the sea, and the sea drowns them out with its great wide sounds, cleanses me with its noise, and imposes a rhythm upon everything in me that is bewildered and confused. -Rainer Maria Rilke

  Is there anybody who does not love the sea?
 When we are at the beach we have the sun, the sand, the blue sky and the blue ocean , and the  sea breeze: everything is so healing and calming, we feel totally cleansed in our mind, body and  soul.



I simply adore the sea, I love to smell of salty water wafting through the breeze, and the breeze gently messing up my hair, the rhythmic music of the crashing waves: everything kind of brings in a sense of calm and peace within me....



  “You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.   Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land,    there is no other life but this.”
~Henry David Thoreau


   “Sit in reverie, and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind”
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

   Life is like sea. We are moving without an end. Nothing stays with us. What remain is just the memories of some people who touched as waves~ Unknown.




  I'am all at sea where no one can bother me.
When was the last time you spent a quiet moment just doing nothing -just standing and looking at the sea ? 


18 comments:

  1. You are always smiling wherever you stand, Rama!
    Yes, I love the Ocean and am lucky enough to live just one hour away from the biggest Ocean in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jerry, I know you live very close to the sea, and you have promised to take my husband (if we ever we visit you)fishing in high seas. My father and my brother and his family live within 8 minutes walk to the sea. Even I have spent a few years living there with them before my marriage, it is really great to live near the ocean.
      I hope my smile face don't bore people, I am like that only, whatever the situation, I can never stop smiling.

      Delete
  2. Fascinating pics and notes.

    "The clouds were building up now for the trade wind and he looked ahead and saw a flight of wild ducks etching themselves against the sky over the water, then blurring, then etching again and he knew no man was ever alone on the sea."
    Ernest Hemmingway- Old Man & the Sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anil, for appreciating the pictures and the quotes with some of them. Those are lovely lines from Ernest Hemmingway.

      Delete
  3. Just wow! Stunning pictures of the sea and you! I am a greatlover of the seas too. Love to just sit and stare at the blue depths and distant horizon, tumbling waves washing our feet... you made me ache for a walk on the shores again, Rama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we share the same love for the sea. Walking on the shore is really very therapeutic. Thanks for liking the post.

      Delete
  4. Lovely pictures of the sea and shore!

    I love the seashores too. My grandparents house was close to sea in chennai(mylapore santhome beach). Of the ones, i have visited i loved the cherai beach at cochin and silver beach at cuddalore. Both were so clean when i visited. My Mil often relates to us her childhood seashore stories of how close to the sea her home(railway quarter) was at Point calimere(called kodikarai in tamil).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so nice Asha, you must share your Mil's childhood stories with us. Yes Chunambar beach in Pondicherry too is very clean, and we too have visited the silver beach in cuddalore. Thanks Asha.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic views of ocean, Rama! such a lot memorable and enjoyable trip for her.
    Rama, really, you have a great account. thanks for sharing your experience for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandhya's comment:

    Loved the pictures and the beautiful,apt quotes too, Rama!

    We are staying near the sea now...we can just walk up to the sea shore now! Chennai climate is hot but healthy because of the sea breeze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandhya. I know you have shifted closer to the beach, and it must be so nice to take a walk in the early morning or late evening. Enjoy every bit of it.Yes sea breeze is definitely healthy.
      BTW your comment and my reply both got deleted somehow.

      Delete
  7. Amazingly beautiful captures of oceans, seas and shores and lovely words too. I love the seas and its beaches...the smell of the salty water in the air, the gentle roar of the waves, the beautiful sunrises and sunsets, all combine to create a sense of beauty, peace and calm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very true Rama, just like so many other things about nature, when you spend a couple of minutes looking out into the sea, with nothing but water all around, the head starts shouting out many thoughts and before you know it,a strange peace fills up in your mind... I have seen the ocean very closely after moving to the US and every visit to the beach at any time of the day has only been very relaxing...
    Love this idea of pairing photos with lovely quotes, they gel so well:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The seas, they can drown many a frown, and bring on the sunniest smile :) Lovely pictures with meaningful quotes to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoW one post which swept me off my feet and who knows better than me the love for sea, having spent a good part of my life on open sea:)Lovely pictures and write up Rama:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rama, you created a perfect mood for me, I am in the middle of doing some seascapes, your pictures tell thousand words! All are so beautiful! Hope you are doing well, have missed you on my virtual space :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely lovely pictures Rama. Although all are about oceans, each one seems so different and has nice backdrops!!

    ReplyDelete